Sunday, December 03, 2006

Small Town Parades.....

Well it's that time of the year when all the small towns have their Christmas Parade...and Polk City is no different. Here's a few of the floats and people in our parade. Some pics are blurry and some I'm too close on, so sorry!!! But you'll get the idea.
Of course every parade has to start with the squad car....probably the same one that stopped me and right at this very spot!!







This was the car pulling the sleigh with Santa & Mrs Clause...sorry it's blurry, it was cute.


And dont all parades sell crap along the sidelines???






And most importanly, I got a bunch of beads and I didnt even have to take off my shirt to get them! And you know I would have!!!! LOL


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was sooooo cold at our parade. it was a good one though. It's funny to see your pictures and everyone in short sleeves!

Terry said...

yeah it is wierd to see short sleeves, and I bet Santa was hot cause it was humid last night.

Anonymous said...

Yay for beads!! I'm sure you had your pirate undies handy in case you needed to flash anybody for them. ;)

Love the new layout too! :)

monica said...

Our Dallas parade was yesterday and I didnt go. Shame on me... I did stay home and watch the one from Atlanta on TV though. Does that count? It's pretty big and I can't believe we've never been.

Amber said...

Polk City has a parade? How groovy!

My hometown never had a Christmas parade - I'm totally missing out. Looks like a blast.

Terry said...

Yeah, they close Hwy 33 down for like 2 hrs...it's weird. It was a hokey parade, but everyone had fun and we even scored a few pieces of candy!!!! And we didnt have to freeze our asses off to watch it!

Traci said...

Very fun!

Is this the first time you attended this parade?

Terry said...

Yeah we always see the sign saying their closing off the road but we always forget to go down for it. They had a whole set up at the park for aftewards any everything. I think this was the big deal for this town!!!