Monday, July 17, 2006

A weekend with Mitch


Not wanting to be left behind, I've decided to
join the blogger list! Monica's camping trip got me off dead center. Please excuse my sloppy page as I'm just learning.

We took an RV trip to Davenport, IA. We stayed at a small place there that's close to family and friends. It's a small campground, mainly an overnight place along the highway, but they had a pretty nice pool, so it works. We mostly hung around the campground.


For a kid that didnt want to go to our cousin Jan' s house, he sure had a lot of fun in the pool!!! My friend, Jack played a lot with mitch in the pool, and he ate it up. We mostly used the noodles as water rockets, splashing anyone we could. Lots of giggles from him on that one. Here Jack is getting ready to drop the raft on top of mitch, you can hardly see him when he's inside of it. He's such a tiny little thing!














Here I am with Mitch and some stranger in the background! Too many people there I didnt know....but the water was nice, so who cares! Jan's husband, Roger made pork lion on the grill, it was huge and man was it good.






You can see how loaded the pool was.....family and friends.


There were actually more than shows here too. People running all over the place. It was nice to get back to the camground and just hang out and chat. Thats the great thing about camping and RVing, just meeting lots of nice people and striking up a conversation. Judy had made me a chocolate mayonaise cake....OMG, it's the best. Needless to say the diet went out the window ....how could I pass that up!!!


Of course we took the dogs along, they did great too. They are pretty well use to being in the motor home.

So this was our weekend, short but sweet.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking Mitchel, it helped out soo much. I'm glad he had fun!

Terry said...

oh gosh, it was fine...he did really good too. I think the more he goes the better it is for him. I'm going game shopping for the 5 day stint.

monica said...

Great job Terry!! Glad you joined the bloggers, it just sucks you in- Glad yall had fun too, bet he loved the attention that he got without the big sister! That's awesome that you spend time with them individually as well as together!

..and we're game addicted too, we need entertainment and we're grown ups...I'm going tomorrow to get MORE games too, or sometime this week!!... There is a new "Pirate's" version of life!!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Terry has a blog!!
Great pictures! :)

Terry said...

yeah well dont get too excited RaLelle... I'm not too good at it!!

Lola said...

I hate Terry for having a moe organized blog than me.

Welcome to the club

Terry said...

oh no way, i'm so lost with this...I'll have my niece Anna help me tweak it today

Traci said...

Welcome to blogger land, and pictures too on the first try!

You did good lady!!

Johnas Rudberg said...

Cool, Terry's got a blog! :D
Sounds like a very nice day n the capground and in the pool. :)

I must add you to my list now. 8=)